I'm pretty high maintenance. So...I travel with a lot of stuff.
Like. A lot of stuff.
👜 Travel backpacks
- Peak Design Travel Backpack (Sage | 45L) - I use this massive travel backpack if I don't want use my 29 inch check-in suitcase. Basically I would fit all the video gear in this backpack and my clothes in a 21 inch carry-on
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack (Midnight | 30L) - I bring this one when I know I'll be walking a lot and I'm only bringing my camera around
What's in the backpack?
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones - Amazing active noise canceling. Does wonders in cutting out the safety instruction video "noise" on planes 😉
- MacBook Pro (16 inch) - So I actually carry my work laptop with me AND this 16 inch MacBook Pro because I edit videos on my personal laptop (I keep my work and personal lives pretty separate)
- iPad Pro (12.9 inch) - I honestly don't bring this as much now, but when I go on vacation and don't want to bring my work laptop, I would bring an iPad because it has my corporate account on it (so I can at least check my email)
- Samsung SSD - I store most of my movies and TV shows on here so when I'm not listening to Audible I would watch a few episodes of Black Mirror or The Office depending on my mood
- Insta360 GO 2 - Love how I can film hands-free with this little thing. Gives a great first-person POV for my vlogs!
I've literally been using Delsey suitcases since my boarding school days (i.e. a hundred years ago, give or a few decades) and those suitcases LAST. I've tried Tumi suitcases but always came back to the cheaper - but in my opinion sturdier - Delseys
What's in the suitcases?
- Peak Design Packing Cubes - Looks sleek and is extremely practical! Easy to wash and clean and can expand to fit a lot of clothes. I have just enough to completely fill out my 29 inch check-in suitcase
- Peak Design Wash Pouch - I can't get enough of this wash pouch. It's literally perfect in so many ways. It's waterproof, it's got a separate compartment for a toothbrush, and the green color looks great. I actually buy this as gifts to give to my friends
- Peak Design Camera Cubes - I mainly like these because of the padding. I'm super paranoid that my camera gear would break during travel so I appreciate the extra padding in these camera cubes
(for how I film my videos, check out my Youtube gear list)